Just Fixing My Flat -Tire, that is! Tire and Car themed cranial band decals for any baby boy wearing a cranial band due to plagiocephaly or craniosynostosis.
This listing is for one custom decal monogram and a variety of "flat tire" themed elements, such as pictured: Tire monogram, cars with wrench wheels, tire and hubcaps, "Just fixing my flat" text, gears, and screw driver and wrench. Decals will come in colors pictured-- navy front tire outlining a green monogram, silver gears, screw driver and wrench, orange, red, yellow and green cars and tires with blue wrenches and silver hubcaps. Adhesive vinyl decals can be easily applied to a doc band, star band, or other type of baby helmet.
::Please submit your child's initials in the notes/comments section during checkout in order to receive your personalized decal. Initials should be in the order you would like them to appear in the monogram. Orders without initials included will be processed as such::
**Paint is not included in this listing, but is available for purchase with sealer and brush. (See "Cranial kit" listing) ** Helmet is also not included. *Please note: Only decal sets featured on a painted helmet were designed for use with paint. Painting is not recommended for decal designs featured on an unpainted white helmet (or blue or pink starband).*
Like the design but looking for different colors? I'd be happy to help modify the colors at no cost. Similarly, if you'd like something completely custom altogether, special requests are more than welcome :) Simply contact me at email@example.com for a quote.
*PROCESSING TIME: Please allow 2-4 businessdays for your custom decals to be cut and processed before shipping first class via USPS.*
WHY PURCHASE MY DECALS?
1. LESS EXPENSIVE than getting helmets custom painted, while still giving your child's helmet a customized, stylish look! Most custom painted helmets can cost $100+ . This is a more affordable option, especially if you are a parent of multiples who must wear helmets, and/or if your child will only be in the helmet for a short amount of time (as my daughter was!)... or even if, on the opposite end of the spectrum, your child needs to wear a helmet for a much longer amount of time and the prospect of outgrowing the helmet and needing another one to be decorated is anticipated.
2. MORE DURABLE than stickers or decoupage. For those with active babies, stickers and/or decoupaged paper can tear and peel quite easily. My decals are made of high quality vinyl, which is more resistant to tearing, moisture, fading, and, when sealed regularly with Mod-Podge, can better withstand the rough and tumble play of your baby in comparison to stickers or paper.
3. REMOVABLE. You can change the look and style of your child's helmet easily. My decals are removable. Once applied, they can be removed by working the edges off with your fingernail and peeling off,and will not leave traces of sticky residue such as what might be experienced with plain stickers.
APPLICATION & CARE
1. OUT OF THE PACKAGE: Your decals will arrive with elements individually pre-cut, with transfer tape already applied on top. When you are ready to apply your decal to the surface of the helmet, simply peel off the backing that protects the sticky side of the decal).
2. APPLYING THE DECAL: Once the backing has been peeled, with the transfer tape facing you and the sticky side exposed, apply the decal to desired location on the surface of the helmet, using a credit card to press out any air bubbles from the decal. After the decal has been firmly pressed down, peel off the transfer tape. (*Note: If you are painting and/or sealing your helmet beforehand, wait until the helmet has fully dried before applying the decal to prevent surface paint from peeling and minimize the need for paint touch-ups) . Seal with multiple coats of Mod Podge.
3. PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT: To help prevent chipping and damage to your decals, the helmet must be resealed regularly with ModPodge. This can be anywhere from every other week for a very sedentary baby, to upwards of 2x a week if your child is especially active. Decals that are left unsealed, or with ModPodge that has worn off, are vulnerable to damage. I do provide a few duplicate elements in case some decals need to be replaced, but being proactive with sealing will help keep the decals looking their best.
>>** ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFO/ DISCLAIMERS: Your child's helmet is a medical device entrusted to your care, and I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by the application or removal of decals to said helmet. For more information and tips on helmet/ doc band decorating, including child safe paint recommendations, DO's and DON'Ts, please refer to your band provider.