Doc Band Decal Stickers Only for Baby Girl Cranial Bands such as Docband, Starband, hanger band or craniosynostosis helmet in a festive fun pumpkin theme for fall! Helmet Not Included
Decorate your baby's plagiocephaly helmet (ex: DOC Band, Cranial Band, Star Band ) with stylish handpieced pumpkin and fall themed decals in a mix of oranges, tan and nutmeg browns, light purple and pink as pictured, complete with a name and "gourd vibes only" text in the font pictured. Should you prefer more pumpkins and non-text decorative elements in place of lettering, please just note this during checkout! **All decals must be sealed with several thin layers of mod podge as soon as they are applied to your child's helmet to prevent peeling.** *This set was designed for parents who want to decorate with decals only; pairing these decals with paint is not recommended.*
*Please submit your child's name in the notes/comments section box that appears during checkout in order to receive your personalized decal. Orders without a name included will be processed as such. Names/monograms are cut in the color+font+overall size dimension of the name decal pictured. Longer names will have smaller letters to fit. ::, but with additional non-text elements to cover that area.*
*PROCESSING TIME: Orders are currently shipping 4-5 business days from the date the order is placed. This excludes weekends and holidays.
1. LESS EXPENSIVE than getting helmets custom painted, while still giving your child's helmet a customized, stylish look! Most custom painted helmets can cost $100+ . This is a more affordable option, especially if you are a parent of multiples who must wear helmets, and/or if your child will only be in the helmet for a short amount of time (as my daughter was!)... or even if, on the opposite end of the spectrum, your child needs to wear a helmet for a much longer amount of time and the prospect of outgrowing the helmet and needing another one to be decorated is anticipated.
2. MORE DURABLE than stickers or decoupage. For those with active babies, stickers and/or decoupaged paper can tear and peel quite easily. My decals are made of high quality vinyl, which is more resistant to tearing, moisture, fading, and, when sealed regularly with Mod-Podge, can better withstand the rough and tumble play of your baby in comparison to stickers or paper.
3. REMOVABLE, allowing you to change the look and style of your child's helmet easily. Decals can be removed by working the edges off with your fingernail and peeling off, and will not leave traces of sticky residue such as what might be experienced with plain stickers.
APPLICATION & CARE
1. OUT OF THE PACKAGE: Your decals will arrive with elements individually pre-cut, with transfer tape already applied on top. When you are ready to apply your decal to the surface of the helmet, simply peel off the backing that protects the sticky side of the decal).
2. APPLYING THE DECAL: Once the backing has been peeled, with the transfer tape facing you and the sticky side exposed, apply the decal to desired location on the surface of the helmet, using a credit card to press out any air bubbles from the decal. After the decal has been firmly pressed down, peel off the transfer tape. (*Note: If you are painting and/or sealing your helmet beforehand, wait until the helmet has fully dried before applying the decal to prevent surface paint from peeling and minimize the need for paint touch-ups) . Seal with multiple coats of Mod Podge.**Please be aware that Babbleworthy decals are handpieced vinyl art lovingly made to order. Naturally, the application process will thus be different from the decal application process for mass produced, single color, or printed decals and will require extra time, care and patience in applying! Your understanding and support of this independent form of artistry is truly appreciated.**
3. PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT: To help prevent chipping and damage to your decals, the helmet must be resealed regularly with ModPodge. This can be anywhere from every other week for a very sedentary baby, to upwards of 2x a week if your child is especially active. Decals that are left unsealed, or with ModPodge that has worn off, are vulnerable to damage. I do provide a few duplicate elements in case some decals need to be replaced, but being proactive with sealing will help keep the decals looking their best. **As Mod Podge is a water-based sealer, please take care to prevent liquids such as water, alcohol, or food-based items from coming into contact with the sealed exterior as it can dissolve the protective sealant. Many helmet families have reported that they love using alcohol wipes to clean the inside of their child's helmet so that they can avoid the exterior of the band but please refer to your orthotist directly for the proper helmet care.**
>>** ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFO/ DISCLAIMERS: Your child's helmet is a medical device entrusted to your care, and I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by the application or removal of decals to said helmet. For more information and tips on helmet/ doc band decorating, including child safe paint recommendations, do's and don'ts, please refer to your band provider. For safety never leave your decals unsealed on your child's helmet.