Plagiocephaly decal baby cranial band helmet sticker decal design in neutral, elegant windblown florals for those with colored helmets like the pink starband helmet example (Pink helmet shown is not included. This set is also not recommended for pairing with paint. The pink surface of the helmet pictured was part of the helmet itself and not painted on.)
This listing comes with beautifully handpieced decals in a mix of white flowers with dark green leaves and stems and metallic gold accents with white decorative accent decals as well. Colors will be cut as pictured, in dark green, white and metallic gold. **All decals MUST be sealed with multiple layers of modpodge as soon as the decals are applied to the helmet to prevent peeling.** Decals come individually cut with transfer tape, so you can style them to best suit your child's unique cranial band helmet. *This set was designed for parents who want to decorate with decals only; pairing these decals with paint is not recommended, however the decals will still need to be sealed with several thin coats of Modpodge.* Also, please note this set was designed for fuller coverage helmets, tested specifically against a standard Starband helmet as pictured.
PROCESSING TIME: Please allow *7- 8 business days* (excluding weekends and holidays) for your order to be processed before shipping first class via USPS.
Like the baby cranial helmet decal design but looking for different colors? I'd be happy to make color substitutions at no cost.
WHY PURCHASE MY DECALS?
1. LESS EXPENSIVE than getting helmets custom painted, while still giving your child's helmet a customized, stylish look! Most custom painted helmets can cost $100+ . This is a more affordable option, especially if you are a parent of multiples who must wear helmets, and/or if your child will only be in the helmet for a short amount of time (as my daughter was!)... or even if, on the opposite end of the spectrum, your child needs to wear a helmet for a much longer amount of time and the prospect of outgrowing the helmet and needing another one to be decorated is anticipated.
2. MORE DURABLE than stickers or decoupage. For those with active babies, stickers and/or decoupaged paper can tear and peel quite easily. My decals are more resistant to tearing, and, when sealed regularly with Mod-Podge, can better withstand the rough and tumble play of your baby in comparison to stickers or paper.
3. REMOVABLE. You can change the look and style of your child's helmet easily. My decals are removable. Once applied, they can be removed by working the edges off with your fingernail and peeling off,and will not leave traces of sticky residue such as what might be experienced with plain stickers.
APPLICATION & CARE
1. OUT OF THE PACKAGE: Your decals will arrive with elements individually pre-cut, with transfer tape already applied on top. When you are ready to apply your decal to the surface of the helmet, simply peel off the backing that protects the sticky side of the decal).
2. APPLYING THE DECAL: Once the backing has been peeled, with the transfer tape facing you and the sticky side exposed, apply the decal to desired location on the surface of the helmet, using a credit card to press out any air bubbles from the decal. After the decal has been firmly pressed down, peel off the transfer tape. (*Note: If you are painting and/or sealing your helmet beforehand, wait until the helmet has fully dried before applying the decal to prevent surface paint from peeling and minimize the need for paint touch-ups) . Seal with multiple coats of Mod Podge.**Please be aware that Babbleworthy decals are handpieced vinyl art lovingly made to order. Naturally, the application process will thus be different from the decal application process for mass produced, single color, or printed decals and will require extra time, care and patience in applying! Your understanding and support of this independent form of artistry is truly appreciated.**
3. PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT: To help prevent chipping and damage to your decals, the helmet must be resealed regularly with ModPodge. This can be anywhere from every other week for a very sedentary baby, to upwards of 2x a week if your child is especially active. Decals that are left unsealed, or with ModPodge that has worn off, are vulnerable to damage. I do provide a few duplicate elements in case some decals need to be replaced, but being proactive with sealing will help keep the decals looking their best. **As Mod Podge is a water-based sealer, please take care to prevent liquids such as water, alcohol, or food-based items from coming into contact with the sealed exterior as it can dissolve the protective sealant. Many helmet families have reported that they love using alcohol wipes to clean the inside of their child's helmet so that they can avoid the exterior of the band but please refer to your orthotist directly for the proper helmet care.**
>>** ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFO/ DISCLAIMERS: Your child's helmet is a medical device entrusted to your care, and I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by the application or removal of decals to said helmet. For more information and tips on helmet/ doc band decorating, including child safe paint recommendations, DO's and DON'Ts, please refer to your band provider.