Fixing your baby's melon just got a lot cuter! This watermelon bow and decal set is the perfect way to dress up your child's helmet and a combination of Babbleworthy decals in pinks, green and aqua/mint, including "Fixing My Melon" text in an elegant script, and a watermelon bow from our friend and fellow helmet mom-owned shop, Avery's Band Bow Boutique. (helmet not included). We are proud to support another helmet mom-owned small business and make it easier for our customers to make their children's time in the helmet a little happier.
Simply attach the bow to the helmet with velcro, and change out your look as you wish! Shop from many bow colors we have in stock. Save on shipping by purchasing your decals, accessories and helmet bows from Babbleworthy.
Each order comes with ONE piece of backing (the part of the Velcro that attaches to the helmet unless other wise specified (assuming the bows are for 1 helmet that is all you will need) .
*For the safety of your little one, please do not let your baby sleep with the bow attached*Spot clean only. Bows are not machine washable.* **Please note: all decals will need to be sealed with multiple coats of modpodge as soon as the decals are applied to the helmet to help prevent peeling. For your convenience, please find sealant and brush cranial kit add-on options listed separately within the shop! This decal and bow set is not recommended for pairing with paint.**
*PROCESSING TIME: Please allow 1-3 business days for this particular custom decal/bow combo to be processed before shipping first class via USPS. Please note that processing times may vary depending on the item. All items will ship once all items have been processed.
WHY PURCHASE MY DECALS?
1. LESS EXPENSIVE than getting helmets custom painted, while still giving your child's helmet a customized, stylish look! Most custom painted helmets can cost $100+ . This is a more affordable option, especially if you are a parent of multiples who must wear helmets, and/or if your child will only be in the helmet for a short amount of time (as my daughter was!)... or even if, on the opposite end of the spectrum, your child needs to wear a helmet for a much longer amount of time and the prospect of outgrowing the helmet and needing another one to be decorated is anticipated.
2. MORE DURABLE than stickers or decoupage. For those with active babies, stickers and/or decoupaged paper can tear and peel quite easily. My decals are more resistant to tearing, and, when sealed regularly with Mod-Podge, can better withstand the rough and tumble play of your baby in comparison to stickers or paper.
3. REMOVABLE. You can change the look and style of your child's helmet easily. My decals are removable. Once applied, they can be removed by working the edges off with your fingernail and peeling off,and will not leave traces of sticky residue such as what might be experienced with plain stickers.
APPLICATION & CARE
1. OUT OF THE PACKAGE: Your decals will arrive with elements individually pre-cut, with transfer tape already applied on top. When you are ready to apply your decal to the surface of the helmet, simply peel off the backing that protects the sticky side of the decal).
2. APPLYING THE DECAL: Once the backing has been peeled, with the transfer tape facing you and the sticky side exposed, apply the decal to desired location on the surface of the helmet, using a credit card to press out any air bubbles from the decal. After the decal has been firmly pressed down, peel off the transfer tape. (*Note: If you are painting and/or sealing your helmet beforehand, wait until the helmet has fully dried before applying the decal to prevent surface paint from peeling and minimize the need for paint touch-ups) . Seal with multiple coats of Mod Podge. **Please be aware that Babbleworthy decals are handpieced vinyl art lovingly made to order. Naturally, the application process will thus be different from the decal application process for mass produced, single color, or printed decals, and will require extra care and patience in applying! Your understanding and support of this independent form of artistry is truly appreciated.**
3. PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT: To help prevent chipping and damage to your decals, the helmet must be resealed regularly with ModPodge. This can be anywhere from every other week for a very sedentary baby, to upwards of 2x a week if your child is especially active. Decals that are left unsealed, or with ModPodge that has worn off, are vulnerable to damage. I do provide a few duplicate elements in case some decals need to be replaced, but being proactive with sealing will help keep the decals looking their best.
>>** ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFO/ DISCLAIMERS: Please review shop policies located in the main menu of the website before making a purchase! Your child's helmet is a medical device entrusted to your care, and I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by the application or removal of decals to said helmet. For more information and tips on helmet/ doc band decorating, including child safe paint recommendations, DO's and DON'Ts, please refer to your band provider.