Cranial Band Decoration for your baby girl's helmet, docband or other plagiocephaly or craniosynostosis cranial helmet. Easy to apply, and perfect for the holidays and winter!
*Helmet not included* Decorate your baby's plagiocephaly helmet (ex: DOC Band, Cranial Band, Star Band ) with stylish, adhesive vinyl decals, complete with custom name! This listing is for a set of metallic gold decals including a name, snowflakes and stars! >> (** You can add paint, sealer and brush for just $5.75 + S&H by purchasing the "Cranial Kit" listing in my shop and I will ship together. Cranial kits purchased with themes featured on unpainted helmets will get the paint portion of the cranial kit refunded to them as only the sealer and brush will be needed) Or, save 10% when you bundle your decal purchase with other helmet baby apparel and accessories -- see "Babbleworthy Baby Bundle" listing for more details<<
*Please submit your child's name in the notes/comments section during checkout in order to receive your personalized initial decal. Orders without a name noted will be processed as such, with extra gold elements to fill its place.*
*PROCESSING TIME: Please allow 2-4 businessdays for your custom decals to be cut and processed before shipping first class via USPS.*
Like the design but looking for different colors? I'd be happy to help customize the look at no cost. Similarly, if you'd like something completely custom altogether, special requests are more than welcome :) message me for a quote!
WHY PURCHASE MY DECALS?
1. LESS EXPENSIVE than getting helmets custom painted, while still giving your child's helmet a customized, stylish look! Most custom painted helmets can cost $100+ . This is a more affordable option, especially if you are a parent of multiples who must wear helmets, and/or if your child will only be in the helmet for a short amount of time (as my daughter was!)... or even if, on the opposite end of the spectrum, your child needs to wear a helmet for a much longer amount of time and the prospect of outgrowing the helmet and needing another one to be decorated is anticipated.
2. MORE DURABLE than stickers or decoupage. For those with active babies, stickers and/or decoupaged paper can tear and peel quite easily. My decals are more resistant to tearing, and, when sealed regularly with Mod-Podge, can better withstand the rough and tumble play of your baby in comparison to stickers or paper.
3. REMOVABLE. You can change the look and style of your child's helmet easily. My decals are removable. Once applied, they can be removed by working the edges off with your fingernail and peeling off,and will not leave traces of sticky residue such as what might be experienced with plain stickers.
APPLICATION & CARE
1. OUT OF THE PACKAGE: Your decals will arrive with elements individually pre-cut, with transfer tape already applied on top. When you are ready to apply your decal to the surface of the helmet, simply peel off the backing that protects the sticky side of the decal).
2. APPLYING THE DECAL: Once the backing has been peeled, with the transfer tape facing you and the sticky side exposed, apply the decal to desired location on the surface of the helmet, using a credit card to press out any air bubbles from the decal. After the decal has been firmly pressed down, peel off the transfer tape. (*Note: If you are painting and/or sealing your helmet beforehand, wait until the helmet has fully dried before applying the decal to prevent surface paint from peeling and minimize the need for paint touch-ups) . Seal with multiple coats of Mod Podge.
3. PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT: To help prevent chipping and damage to your decals, the helmet must be resealed regularly with ModPodge. This can be anywhere from every other week for a very sedentary baby, to upwards of 2x a week if your child is especially active. Decals that are left unsealed, or with ModPodge that has worn off, are vulnerable to damage. I do provide a few duplicate elements in case some decals need to be replaced, but being proactive with sealing will help keep the decals looking their best.
>>** ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFO/ DISCLAIMERS: Your child's helmet is a medical device entrusted to your care, and I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by the application or removal of decals to said helmet. For more information and tips on helmet/ doc band decorating, including child safe paint recommendations, DO's and DON'Ts, please refer to your band provider.